Residential Travel Plans
A residential travel plan is a package of measures designed to reduce the number of car journeys from residential developments through supporting sustainable modes of transport.
How can a Travel Plan benefit residents?
- Reduce the cost of travel
- Provide the opportunity to build healthy exercise into daily life
- Reduce the average time of journeys
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Attracts new residents by offering a wider range of transport benefits and travel choices
- Enables higher densities of housing development, and therefore an increased profit margin
- Potentially reducing the need for expenditure on new transport infrastructure
- Raise awareness of the consequences of travel choices and highlight the benefits of choosing suitable alternatives
- Minimise the impact of travel on the environment, improve the local air quality and reduce harmful emissions