Sign up and payment for the garden waste service starting in April will open on 2 March 2020.
From the first Monday in April until the last Friday in March – excluding December, January and early February, the council offer a fortnightly garden waste collection service.
New and existing customers must sign up between 2 March and 31 March to make sure their collections start in April 2020.
Crews will collect:
- hedge cuttings
- plants and cut flowers from your garden
- fallen fruit
- twigs and small branches
Terms and conditions
If you’re signing up for the first time or a returning customer, by agreeing to pay for the service you’re accepting the terms and conditions.
- cost of £36 per bin (you’re allowed multiple bins)
- sign up any time but the charge won’t vary
- no discount for having more than one bin
- choose to opt out any time but no refund will be issued
- extra garden waste left with your bin will not be taken
- your bin mustn’t be overflowing and the lid firmly closed for collection
- we may suspend or delay collections without refund if the weather is bad
- you must use the bin provided by the council
- next-door neighbours can share collections, but payment must be arranged between them and only one address can be signed up
Waste services hotline
Telephone: 01472 326288
Opening times: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays