North East Lincolnshire Council

Children placed here by other local authorities

If you are planning to place a child or young person in North East Lincolnshire, you should notify us prior to placement. All notifications of looked after children placed in North East Lincolnshire should be sent to us at or phone us on 01472 323255.

This includes any change of address and notifications of looked after children or care leavers leaving or moving within North East Lincolnshire so we can update our records. Please ensure that notifications highlight any particular risks or vulnerabilities to assist the professional network in North East Lincolnshire in responding effectively to any issues that might arise.

Education and school admissions

If you are moving a child into North East Lincolnshire and you need to apply for a school place or the child already attends a school in North East Lincolnshire and you would like them to be admitted to another school, you need to contact our School Admissions Team for advice on how to make the application.

Telephone: (01472) 326291 (Option 4)


For more information go to the School admissions page.

Virtual school

The Looked After Children Education Service (LACE) provides advice to ensure children placed in North East Lincolnshire have access to education provision that meets their educational needs. You can contact the team by telephone 01472 323365 or e-mail the Virtual Head Teacher on

Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND) – Assessment and review

For information about local provision and advice on identifying appropriate provision please contact our SEN Assessment and Review Team on 01472 323170 or by email at

Independent advice for parents/carers of children with special educational needs and disabilities is available from North East Lincolnshire Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice, and Support Service (SENDIASS)

The service is freely available to all parents/carers of children and young people living in North East Lincolnshire who have a special educational need.
11 Dudley Street, Grimsby, DN31 2AW
01472 355 365 :

Local Offer

Our Local Offer is the place on our website that provides and directs you to information that will support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). It helps parents, children and young people aged 0 to 25 years find information about specialist and targeted services and activities in North East Lincolnshire. To have a look for yourself go to our Local Offer page.


The Children’s Health Team offer comprehensive health advice and guidance and will carry out health assessments and prepare Health Care Plans. There will be a charge for assessments. Contact the team on or by phone on 01472 874111 ext. 2787.

Young Minds Matter

Young Minds Matter provide emotional wellbeing advice and specialist mental health services for children and young people. If a referral for Young Minds Matter services is needed it is advisable to contact the Designated Nurse. There will be a charge if dedicated looked after children Young Minds Matter support is accessed. For more information go to the Young Minds Matter website.


To find out which NHS dentists in North East Lincolnshire are accepting new patients ring the local dental helpline: 01472 625220

Careers advice

Careers Advice is delivered by YPSS. You can find out all about them on the Lincs 2 website or visit our own young peoples careers advice page.

Advice for care leavers

Advice for care leavers is available from the Through Care service. You can contact them on 01472 326355

Early years and Family Hubs

For more information visit the Family Hubs page.

Fostering and Adoption

The fostering and adoption service can be contacted on 01472 326292 option 2 or by email at

Youth Offending Service

The work undertaken by the Youth Offending Service falls mainly within the following areas:

  • Preventative Work
  • Pre-court Diversion
  • Court Attendance and Bail Supervision
  • Referral Orders
  • Supervision of Community Orders
  • Custodial Sentences and Supervision on License
  • Multi-agency approach

For any further information about the work of the Youth Offending Service please contact the team on 01472 325252 or 326294 option 5.

Alternatively please follow the link below to see examples of projects run by the Youth Offending Service and information on volunteering opportunities.
Youth Offending YouTube Playlist

Report a concern about a child

If you would like to report a concern about a child please contact Children’s Services on 01472 326292 Option 2. For more information visit our Safeguarding and social care pages.

Missing children should be reported to Humberside Police on 101 or 999 in an emergency.