North East Lincolnshire Council

Report a concern about a child

To be used by members of the public ONLY

What to do if you’re worried about a child

Please complete the online form if you feel you need to report a concern about a child.

Why report a concern?

For example:

  • Are they attending school on a regular basis?
  • Are they attending health appointments?
  • Do they appear to be hungry?
  • Are they dressed appropriately for the weather?
  • Are they protected from harm by their parent or carer?
  • Do they have a stable home environment?
  • Are they exposed to domestic violence?
  • Are they exposed to alcohol or drugs?
  • Does parent/carer have mental health issues?

Out of hours service

Children Assessment and Safeguarding Service run the out of hours service, which you can contact on 01472 326292 (option 2). This service is an EMERGENCY ONLY service open from 5.00pm – 8.30am. Please only contact the out of hours service if you have a concern where by a child is at immediate risk of harm and the call cannot wait until the following morning when a Social Worker will be available to take your call.

Professionals reporting a concern

If you are a professional reporting a concern about a child please go to the Safer NEL website for more details of how to do this.

Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub, Civic Offices, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, DN35 8LN

Telephone: 01472 326292 (option 2)

Opening times: 24 Hour telephone line