Report a concern about a child
Report your concerns
If you are worried about the welfare of a child or young person in North East Lincolnshire the you should report a concern about a child. This form is for members of the public only.
Reason for reporting a concern
Their could be a number of reasons you could be concerned about a child or young person. For example they may:
- not attend school regularly
- not attend health appointments
- appear to be hungry
- not be dressed appropriately for the weather
- not be protected from harm by their parent or carer
- have an unstable home environment
- be exposed to domestic violence issues
- be exposed to alcohol or drugs
- have a parent or carer has mental health issues
Out of hours service (5pm to 8:30am)
Children Assessment and Safeguarding Service run the out of hours service, from 5pm to 8:30am.
You can contact them in an emergency on 01472 326292 (option 2).
Please only contact the out of hours service if you have concerns that a child is in immediate risk of harm and it cannot wait until the following morning when a social worker will be available to take your call.
Professionals reporting a concern
If you are a professional reporting a concern about a child please go to the Safer NEL website for more details of how to do this.
Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), Civic Offices, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, DN35 8LN
Telephone: 01472 326292 (option 2)
Opening times: 24 Hour telephone line