School admission arrangements consultation 2020 – 2021
North East Lincolnshire Local Authority is the admission authority for North East Lincolnshire’s community and voluntary controlled primary schools. There are no community or voluntary controlled secondary schools in North East Lincolnshire. The admission authority for the remaining primary academies and all of the secondary academies are the governors of the respective academy.
Between the 1st October 2018 and 31st January 2019 all admission authorities in North East Lincolnshire have to consult for a period of 6 weeks on any changes to their proposed admission arrangements or any proposed decrease in their published admission number (PAN) for the academic year 2020-2021. Admission authorities do not have to consult on proposed increases to their PAN.
After the close of the consultation period on 31st January 2019, all of the admission authorities must take account of any responses received and determine their final admission arrangements by 28th February 2019.
North East Lincolnshire Local Authority is not proposing to make any changes to the admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools that would require consultation.
However, some academies in North East Lincolnshire are proposing to make some changes to their current admission arrangements.
- Edward Heneage Primary Academy are proposing to adopt their own admission policy placing ‘sibling’ above ‘catchment’ in their oversubscription criteria.
- Oasis Academy Nunsthorpe are proposing to decrease their Published Admission Number (PAN ) from 75 to 60.
- Oasis Academy Wintringham are proposing to decrease their Published Admission Number from 200 to 180.
- Catholic schools in the Diocese of Nottingham (St Joseph’s Catholic Voluntary Academy and St Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Academy) are proposing the adoption of CES definitions for ‘other Christians’ and ‘other faiths’. The changes will bring them in line with the arrangements in place in other Catholic Dioceses in England and Wales.
- New Waltham Academy are proposing to adopt their own admissions policy placing ‘sibling’ above ‘catchment’ and including ‘children of staff’ and ‘attending the school’s nursery’ in their oversubscription criteria.
- Old Clee Primary Academy are proposing to adopt their own admission policy placing ‘sibling’ above ‘catchment’ in their oversubscription criteria.
- The Enquire Learning Trust are proposing to include ‘children previously looked after outside of the UK’ within the previously looked after criteria.
For those academies that have asked us to consult on their behalf their proposed documentation is attached. Any comments regarding these proposed changes should be made directly to the respective academy or education trust.
The School Admissions Code states that all school admission arrangements and policies must be determined by 28th February 2019 and published by 15th March 2019. Each policy will be published on this website as soon as it has been received by the School Admissions Team.
If you would like more information on the consultation process, or admissions in general, please contact the School Admissions Team on (01472) 326291 (option 4) or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- List of schools with Published Admission Numbers 2020-2021
- North East Lincolnshire LA Primary Scheme 2020 – 2021
- North East Lincolnshire LA Secondary Scheme 2020 – 2021
- North East Lincs. Admission Policy 2020 – 2021
- Catholic Primary Academies Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021
- Cleethorpes Academy Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021
- Edward Heneage Academy Proposed Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021
- New Waltham Primary Admission Policy 2020 – 2021
- Old Clee Academy Proposed Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021
- Pilgrim Academy Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021
- Reynolds Academy Admissions Policy 2021 – 2021
- The Enquire Learning Trust Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021
- Tollbar Academy Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021
- Tollbar Sixth Form Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021