Toll Bar junction
Toll Bar junction improvements
Major works to improve safety and traffic flow at Toll Bar roundabout started in July 2020 and construction was completed in February 2021.
The works included retaining the roundabout but improving and widening to entry and exit roads, helping traffic flow through the junction more efficiently.
Any ongoing work in the vicinity of Toll Bar is likely to be related to the housing development.
Feedback from the community
Extensive engagement was carried out throughout the project with the local community, Parish Councils and residents in the immediate vicinity on not only the design of the roundabout but also on ways of working throughout the project.
Although the project has now completed, you can still raise any issues about the scheme by contacting the delivery team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Toll Bar Junction Improvements Engagement Team, New Oxford House, George Street, Grimsby, DN31 1HB.
After 12 months of live operation, a “Stage 4 Road Safety Audit” must be carried out at the junction. Once this has been completed, the project will be closed.
This web page will remain live until the summer of 2022.
Cabinet report and minutes
Cabinet meetings where the changes to Toll Bar junction were discussed:
- Special Cabinet meeting – 9 Sept 2019
- Cabinet – 29 October 2018
- Special Cabinet – 31 January 2018
- Cabinet – 18 January 2017
- Cabinet – 26 October 2016
- Cabinet – 3 August 2016
- Cabinet – 18 February 2015
- Cabinet – 21 January 2015
For details of meetings go to Council meetings.
Download the Junction Improvements Report (PDF, 273KB)
Scrutiny report and minutes
Scrutiny reports and minutes from when the decision to change the junction was discussed by the Regeneration, Environment and Housing Scrutiny Panel:
Latest Toll Bar junction news
- Toll Bar roundabout project: resurfacing – change to timing
- Toll Bar roundabout project update – December 2020
- Toll Bar roundabout: footpath closure on the North East corner for up to three weeks for essential works