Business advice and support
Trading Standards business advice
To make sure you’re trading fairly it’s important you understand the laws which apply to you, this will reduce the risk of further action being taken if you’re not compliant. You can visit the Business Companion website for free, impartial legal guidance for businesses, or if you’re thinking of starting your own business GOV.UK has useful information.
Trading Standards offer more personal and detailed business advice for £60 an hour plus VAT.
We can advise on:
- business specific legislation
- procedures and control systems
- product testing to make sure you’re compliant with legislation
- reviewing your terms of conditions and the language used for promotions/marketing
- training your employees
- carrying out site visits and inspections at your request
Trading Standards, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HU
Telephone: 01472 326299 option 3