North East Lincolnshire Council

Food and feed


Food and feed law

We want to make sure all farms, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, catering companies and importers in North East Lincolnshire follow the food and feed legislation.

Trading Standards carry out the following checks:

  • inspections and sampling of the whole process from ‘farm to fork’
  • submit samples to the public analyst
  • regular visits to food and feed packers, manufacturers, retailers, importers and farms
  • approvals or registrations for ‘Feed Hygiene Regulation 183/2005

You can visit the Business Companion website for quick guides on food and drink and animals and agriculture.

More detailed guidance for food and agriculture is available from the:

If you’re starting a food business, you must register your details with Environmental Health.

Related content

Know your consumer rights

Age restricted sales

Business Companion – businesses need to know about trading standards and consumer protection legislation

Food Standards Agency

Department for Environment Food Rural Affairs

Contact details

Trading Standards, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HU


Telephone: 01472 326299 option 3