North East Lincolnshire Council and its regeneration partner, ENGIE, has once again teamed up with the Big Community Switch – a free scheme which could help you save a huge amount of cash on your home energy bills.
The process is obligation free, with nothing to lose, and could see you make a saving.
The latest round launched last week and you have until Tuesday 9 February to sign up to the scheme.
You can register online at https://bigcommunityswitch.co.uk/north-east-lincolnshire/register.
Those who do not have access to the internet can contact the Home Energy Team to sign up. If you are calling the team, don’t forget to have a recent gas and electricity bill to hand.
Top tips to reduce your fuel bills
- Do not leave electrical appliances on standby. Unplug them when they’re not in use.
- Switch to energy saving light bulbs
- Turn off lights when leaving a room and open curtains using natural light where you can
- Only fill the kettle with the water you need for a hot drink
- Layer up your clothing when you’re cold
- Ensure your property is insulated
- Take monthly meter readings and submit to your fuel supplier (if you do not have a smart meter)
- Wash clothes at a lower temperature
- Educate the household on switching appliances off
- Try not to block radiators with curtains or furniture
- Look at switching tariffs – sign up for the Big Community Switch or use a comparison website
For more information on the Big Community Switch, visit www.nelincs.gov.uk/Homes-and-property/big-community-switch/ or call the Home Energy Team on (01472) 32 6296, option 5.