Skip to main content

Benefits and help with money

Housing Benefit

Information about Housing Benefit claims

Council Tax support

Details of our Council Tax support scheme, previously Council Tax Reduction

Universal Credit

Find out where you can go to get Universal Credit

Extra help with your housing costs (Discretionary Housing Payments)

Details of Discretionary Housing Payments

Financial support, advice and guidance

Useful information if you need some financial support or you are having money worries

Free school meals

Find out if you are eligible and apply for free school meals

Benefit calculator

Find how much you could get using our benefits calculator

Housing Benefit overpayments

Find out about Housing Benefit overpayments and how to make a repayment

Household Support Fund

Find out about Housing Support Fund and how referrals are made

About benefits

Details of how our benefits shared service works and benefits statistics

SMS text messaging service

The Local Taxation and Benefits Service (includes Council Tax, Benefits, Business Rates and Debt Recovery teams) are now using SMS text messages to provide you with information about our service.

If we already have your mobile number in our system you will be signed up for the service automatically. If we don’t have your mobile number or your number has changed recently and you would like to receive SMS texts please send an email to [email protected].

Opting out

If you would like to opt-out of receiving SMS text messages for Housing Benefits and Council Tax support please email [email protected] to confirm that you do not wish to receive information from us by SMS text message. You will need to give your claim number, name and address so we can update your details accordingly.

Who sends the Message

The SMS text messages are sent by North East Lincolnshire Council and will show as ‘NEL Council’. The sending of messages is a confidential service, your mobile number will not be shared with third parties and we will not send you any other marketing messages to your phone.

These are only used in some cases and you should not rely on us sending you a text message to update you about your claim.