Skip to main content
Advanced notice of planned website maintenance
Be advised the website is scheduled for routine maintenance and will be unavailable from Wednesday 28th March 18:00 to Thursday 29th March 09:00.

Licensing and permits

Alcohol and premises

New, renewal or variation premises licence, personal alcohol license, designated supervisor, licensable entertainment activities and annual payment.

Taxi and private hire

Hackney carriage, tariff fares, wheelchair accessible, new applicants guidance.

Animal welfare licence

Animal welfare register, zoo licence, dangerous wild animals, dog and cat home boarding.

Temporary event notice

Temporary licence to sell alcohol, provide entertainment such as live music, dancing or indoor sporting event or serve hot food and/or drinks.

Organising an event

Submit an online request to the event safety advisory group about organising an event, litter pickers and beach cleans.

Food hygiene and safety

Register a food business and national food hygiene rating

Business, trading and employment

Child employment and child entertainment, street trading and markets, skin piercing, fireworks and explosives storage, scrap metal, petroleum storage, hypnotism and sex shops, adult cinema and entertainment

Charitable collections and lotteries

House to house, lottery fundraising or street collections.

Gambling and gaming

Premises licence, gaming machines, lotteries, poker tournaments and gambling policy.

House in multiple occupation (HMO)

Landlords, tenants of more than 5 people, converting a property and HMO guidance.

Environmental permits

Air quality and controlled pollution