Temporary event notice
You will need to apply for a temporary event notice (TEN) every time you want provide licensable activities at an unlicensed premises, or if a particular licensable activity isn’t included in the conditions of your current licence.
Licensable activities include:
- sale or serving of alcohol
- live entertainment
- serving hot food between 11pm and 5am
- live or recorded music
- facilities for making music
- indoor sport event
- boxing or wrestling (indoor or outdoor)
- dance facilities
- showing a film or theatrical performance
- gambling machine games
You can apply to have up to 5 TENs a year.
If you already have a personal licence to sell alcohol you can apply for up to 50. Single premises can have up to 15 TENs in a year, as long as the total length of the events is not more than 21 days.
Your event must stay below 500 people, it cannot last more than 7 days (168 hours), and if you’re organising more than one event there must be a 24 hour gap between them.
How to apply
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Must be 10 working days before your event (late TENs is 5 working days)
- Fill in a temporary event notice application as an individual not a business
- Pay a £21 fee
- Keep your TEN in a safe place and clearly display a copy at your event
The council cannot refuse a temporary event notice unless the policy or environmental health object.
If your application receives objections a hearing will take place no later than 24 hours before your event. A TEN can still be granted or granted with conditions at a hearing but it may lead to being refused.
You have the right to appeal to a Magistrates court within 21 days of the decision being made.
Licensing, Doughty road depot, Doughty road, North East Lincolnshire, DN32 0LL
Telephone: 01472 326299 option 2
Opening times: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays