Start and grow your own business
Start a business
Starting a business or becoming self-employed can be an exciting and rewarding experience. However it can also be risky and challenging. Those who research their business idea and seek support are more likely to survive and grow.
If you’re inspired to start your own business in North East Lincolnshire, tap into these resources to help you on the path to success.
Grow your business
North East Lincolnshire is a great location for businesses of all sizes and types. Find out why at Invest North East Lincolnshire .
There are a number of initiatives and support programmes available to help you expand your business, ranging from financial support to expert advice.
We can help you to:
Associated organisations offering business support in North East Lincolnshire:
Grimsby JobCentre Plus
JobCentre Plus has a range of recruitment services that can help you as an employer including the opportunity to trial potential recruits, offer work experience and access potential wage incentives.
The purpose of the Greater Lincolnshire LEP is to drive economic growth and to be the voice of the local business community, ensuring that the economic interests of the area are properly represented.
Skills, jobs, training and recruitment
We are committed to the development and growth of our local economy and in supporting employers to recruit, retain and develop their workforce.
Support from your local Jobcentre Plus
Jobcentre Plus (JCP) provides free and efficient services that effectively fill vacancies with well-prepared and motivated employees.
Grimsby JCP can help employers:
- Register on Gov.uk to advertise vacancies on the internet
- Take advantage of recruitment grants to help your business grow
- With sifting applications, interviewing and testing – they can even fund their candidates through a trial, so employers can thoroughly assess their skills cost free
- By preparing JCP candidates by arranging training, utilising our close relationship with a large network of training providers
- By providing advice and support to staff being made redundant
- By providing impartial advice on HR services
Employer Adviser team
Lisa Billard, Tracey Dennis or Lesley Richardson
Telephone: 01472 622276 or 01472 622291
Website: Gov.uk – Jobcentre Plus Help for Recruiters Overview
Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
For help with business set up, finance and more
Fully comprehensive business support in North East Lincolnshire
Gov.uk – Starting up a Business
Provides a wide range of information and advice on setting up your business