Get involved in the exciting regeneration plans for Cleethorpes and submit your very own photographs of the resort.
North East Lincolnshire Council has been awarded £18.4m of Levelling Up Funding (LUF) to transform Cleethorpes seafront. This includes regenerating Pier Gardens, reintroducing the historic Market Place and delivering a multi-use, tourism-focused landmark building on Sea Road.
Members of the public could be in with the chance of having their work showcased as we move closer to the transformation of the three projects.
If you are struggling to access the above link, please visit https://nelincolnshire-self.achieveservice.com/service/Cleethorpes_photo_competition, ensuring you have read the Terms and Conditions.
The Cleethorpes LUF vision is to regenerate three key areas of the resort. As a result, hoardings will be required around various sites once work gets underway, to protect the public and workforce.
This is where the public can step in! Instead of plain hoardings, we want to showcase the fantastic photography of locals and visitors alike.
What are we looking for? People and places within the Cleethorpes main resort, including the beach, promenade, water, shops/businesses, sport and activity.
A bit about each project:
- Rejuvenate the historic Market Place for social interaction, reconnecting our busy seafront and town centre, creating jobs and boosting the economy. This scheme proposes major improvements to the square and the reintroduction of a functioning historic marketplace.
- Redevelop the Sea Road site opposite the Pier to provide a tourism destination. It will include state-of-the-art public amenities and changing facilities, as well as commercially lettable space across all floors of the building, which may include different providers in retail and hospitality.
- Regenerate Pier Gardens (an existing linear park stretching from Sea Road to the Memorial Gate), retaining the Victorian heritage and feel, but incorporating various new activities. In the Masterplan consultation, people wanted to see more made of the gardens, with additional seating, planting to increase biodiversity, and improved areas for children’s play, events and performances, and spaces for reflection and contemplation.
What is LUF?
- Levelling Up means creating opportunities for everyone across the UK. The UK government’s flagship £4.8 billion Levelling Up Fund backs projects across the UK to help communities Level Up.
- Levelling Up Funding invests in infrastructure that improves everyday life across the UK, including regenerating town centres and high streets, upgrading local transport, and investing in cultural and heritage assets.
- North East Lincolnshire Council’s Cabinet voted unanimously to accept the Levelling Up Fund money from Government in order to take the three projects to the next stage.
Terms and Conditions of the competition
Please note, the photograph/s must be your own and in landscape, of the highest quality/image size possible (minimum 300dpi). By submitting a photograph/s, you are confirming that it is your own work, that anyone in the photo is happy for their image to be used, and that you consent to your photograph and name being used for crediting purposes. By making a submission, you are consenting to use of the photograph/s for the purpose of the Cleethorpes regeneration projects in any media and publicity. No payment will be given for the use of your photograph/s.
Photograph/s will be submitted to the competition and a panel of judges will decide their top favourites which will feature on artwork through the resort of Cleethorpes – we cannot guarantee that your photo will be used and it is subject to a panel of judges to decide on the successful shots.
There will be opportunity for successful photographers to be credited. A board will be placed in Cleethorpes, with a location to be confirmed.
Applicants have until the end of the day on Friday 29 September to submit your photographs.