In preparation for the elections on Thursday, 5th May 2022, North East Lincolnshire Council is holding a face-to-face briefing session for prospective candidates who are considering standing for election, as well as their election agents.
The briefing session will be held on Wednesday, 16th March 2022 at 6pm in the Crosland Suite, Grimsby Town Hall, Town Hall Square, Grimsby.
It will cover the following:
- election timetable – including changes to dates
- nominations – including changes to the process and timelines
- appointment of election, polling and counting agents
- postal votes – new process for this year
- polling day – explanation of how it will work
- counting of votes – key dates and times
- candidates’ expenses.
If you are thinking of standing as a candidate, particularly if you are new to the nomination and elections process, you are strongly urged to attend the briefing session which will last for approximately one hour.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end.