North East Lincolnshire Council and its delivery partner, Equans, are carrying out carriageway resurfacing and routine maintenance works on A18 Barton Street. This is essential work that can only be carried out during the warmer summer months. It is being carried out in stages to try to keep disruption to a minimum.
Works programme as follows:
• Phase 1 – Routine maintenance works on A18 Barton Street, between the A46 Laceby Crossroads roundabout and the southern borough boundary near Ludborough.
• Phase 2 – Carriageway resurfacing and road marking works on A18 Barton Street, between Laceby Manor and Barnoldby le Beck roundabout.
Phase 1 (Monday 17 July – Friday 21 July) – Routine maintenance
The routine maintenance work will include minor carriageway repairs, drainage repairs and maintenance, vegetation cutting and sign cleaning. These works will be split into three sections:
• Section 1 (Monday 17 July – Tuesday 18 July) – A46 Laceby Crossroads roundabout to Barnoldby le Beck roundabout.
• Section 2 (Wednesday 19 July) – Barnoldby le Beck roundabout to Ashby Hill roundabout.
• Section 3 (Thursday 20 July – Friday 21 July) – Ashby Hill roundabout south to borough boundary near Ludborough.
A full road closure is required for each section in Phase 1 to ensure the work can be carried out safely and efficiently. The road closure will be in place between 7.30am and 6pm. A diversion will be in place between the A46 and the A16.
Phase 2 (Monday 24 July – Friday 11 August) – Carriageway resurfacing
The carriageway resurfacing works will take three weeks to complete and will take place between Laceby Manor and Barnoldby le Beck roundabout.
A full road closure is required to ensure the work can be carried out safely and efficiently. The road closure will be in place Monday to Friday between 7.30am and 6pm. A diversion will be in place between the A46 and the A16.
Access to residential properties and business premises within the closure will be maintained as far as practicable, however, please note the following:
• Access between Brigsley and East Ravendale will be maintained across Ashby Hill roundabout throughout the closure.
• Access to Laceby Manor, The Willows, Oaklands Garden Centre, and Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel will only be accessible from the A46 Laceby crossroads roundabout.
• Access to Willow Lakes and Landmark Café will be maintained via Ashby Hill roundabout.
• Access between Beelsby and Barnoldby le Beck will not be maintained via the A18 within the closure, access will be maintained via the Ashby Hill roundabout through East Ravendale.
Advanced warning signs will be displayed to advise motorists of the works. Local diversion routes for the closure will also be in place to direct motorists.
The council and Equans would like to apologise in advance for any disturbance the works may cause and ensure that the work will be completed as quickly and safely as possible.