Early Years Entitlement
The Children’s Act requires the council to improve outcomes for young children, to reduce inequalities and secure funded places for 2, 3 and 4 years old.
North East Lincolnshire Council follows principles when planning and managing the delivery of the early years entitlement.
- Ensure quality, equality and inclusion is at the centre of delivery and to improve the outcomes of children and in particular children living in areas of disadvantage.
- The needs and best interests of children are paramount.
- Continue to build upon the strong relationships with private, voluntary, independent and maintained sectors.
- Support the development of flexible models of delivery, which are responsive to parental demands but also support childcare businesses and schools to deliver sustainable and cost effective services.
- Managing the market, on a geographical basis and wherever practicable, ensuring that EYE places are available for every eligible child aged two, three and four whose parents want one.
- Listen to parents about how they want to take up their funded entitlement.
- Deliver the funded entitlement that reflects parental demand as much as possible and provide parents with choice about where and how they take up their funded entitlement.
Secure area for providers
Once you’re registered to provide funded early years places you can request a login to our secure providers page. You will have access to documents, receive regular updates, newsletters and details about deadlines for headcount submissions.
Families First Information Service
Telephone: 01472 326292 (option 1)
Opening times: Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5pm and Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm except bank holidays