Two year old funding
The term after your child turns two could mean they’re entitled to 15 hours a week, for 38 weeks of the year of free early education.
Do I qualify?
You could get 15 hours of free childcare for your 2 year old if:
- you’re on a low income
- earn no income
- receive certain benefits
- your child has specialist needs and is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- a child you provide care for is looked after by the Local Authority
How does it work?
- Minimum of two days a week
- Sessions can’t be longer than 10 hours a day, or shorter than 2 and a half hours a day
- Hours must be taken between 6am and 8pm
- Funding can be split between a maximum of two providers
|If your child turns 2 on or between||You can apply for two year old funding from||Your child can start their early education from|
|1 April to 31 August||1 April||September intake|
|1 September to 31 December||1 September||January intake|
|1 January to 31 March||1 January||April intake|
Before you can apply online you must login or register on MyNelincs.
Choosing a childcare provider
Your entitlement to free childcare doesn’t guarantee you a place with your first choice of childcare provider. It’s up to a provider what hours and places they offer, and you need to check that what spaces are available.
View the list of Early Years providers for 2 year olds (Word, 55KB) who offer funded places.
Families First Information Service
Telephone: 01472 326292 (option 1)
Opening times: Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5pm and Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm except bank holidays