North East Lincolnshire Council is reminding people that bin collections and some other services are facing minor disruption as a result of an increase in local coronavirus cases.
Update for Tuesday 29 June
- Blue bins (paper and card) – missed collections in Belvoir Road, Normanby Road and Highthorpe Crescent areas of Cleethorpes.
- Green bins (household waste) – today’s rounds complete.
- Brown bins (garden waste) – today’s rounds complete.
- Bring to recycling banks – crews have focused on domestic rounds and bring to sites may be full as a result. Please avoid using them if you can. If the bins are full, please don’t leave rubbish next to the bins. Take it home and return later or take it to the tip in Grimsby or Immingham.
- Street cleansing – staff are prioritising work as they support with waste and recycling rounds.
What to do if we miss bins in your street
If bins are not emptied in your street, please do not call us. Put your bins out by 7am the next day and we will empty them as soon as we can.
Measures in place to reduce disruption
The Council is taking steps to make sure we empty bins at all households.
Waste and recycling crews are working hard to catch up and they really appreciate the support from those who may have had to wait an extra 24 hours for their scheduled collection
Plans are in place to keep services running, including bringing in colleagues from other parts of the Council to cover absences due to coronavirus.
Waste collections are a priority for the Council and we are actively moving workers from other areas as well as using agency staff to deliver the service.
If you believe your bin has been missed, please report it at www.nelincs.gov.uk/bins. You can report missed collections from 2:30pm until the following midday.