You will be aware from the national news about the national vaccination programme which is currently underway in the fight against Covid-19. Our local health and care system has started to deliver vaccinations to the most vulnerable people in our area now and will be continuing to roll this out moving forward.
This is an opportunity to be part of the Covid Vaccination Support team across North East Lincolnshire, volunteering in a healthcare environment.
Can you volunteer your time to support?
There are a number of health centres spread across North East Lincolnshire that have already been designated to deliver vaccinations. As the centres continue to invite people in for their vaccinations, they will need volunteers to help support the smooth running of the sites and be a friendly, supportive face and voice to the people who attend for their vaccinations. (N.B. A DBS check will be required)
As a volunteer you will be provided with appropriate PPE (protective wear) and training, and could be undertaking tasks such as:
- guiding cars into the car park
- greeting people on arrival to the building to signpost them to the right area
- screening (questioning) people on arrival to check that they do not have any Covid-19 symptoms
- helping people to find their way to the right waiting area
- guiding patients to remove outer clothing to make sure they are ready for their vaccination
- guiding people through the building to the vaccination area
- guiding people safely out of the exit from the building after their vaccination
What we expect from the volunteers:
- smart appearance
This is a chance to be part of a very important programme, helping both our local NHS and our local people to deliver a smooth vaccination process.
To register to be part of this cohort go to NHS Covid Vaccination Support Volunteers .
Once registered you will be then contacted around the roles available and the vetting (eg DBS Checks), induction and training which will be part of them.
If you have any queries about this voluntary role email email@example.com.
Thank you for your support.