In preparation for the elections on Thursday, 4 May, North East Lincolnshire Council is holding face-to-face briefing sessions for prospective candidates who are considering standing for election, as well as their election agents.
This year, there are elections in each council ward. Additionally, positions at Town and Parish Councils across the borough are all up for re-election.
There will be two briefing sessions will be held ahead of these elections, one to cover the Local Authority elections, and one to cover the Town and Parish Council elections.
- Town and Parish Council: candidates and agents: 14 March 2023 at 6pm, Grimsby Town Hall.
- Local authority elections: candidates and agents: 15 March 2023 at 6pm, Grimsby Town Hall.
The briefings will cover the following:
- election timetable – including changes to dates
- nominations – including changes to the process and timelines
- appointment of election, polling and counting agents
- postal votes
- Voter ID – new for this year
- polling day – explanation of how it will work
- counting of votes – key dates and times
- candidates’ expenses.
If you are thinking of standing as a candidate, particularly if you are new to the nomination and elections process, you are strongly urged to attend the briefing session which will last for approximately one hour. You will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of each session.