Workplace health and safety
The Public Protection Team perform a variety of duties with regard to the enforcement of Health and Safety at Work legislation, including:
- inspections of commercial premises
- accident investigation in commercial premises
- advice to businesses, employees and the public
- health and safety complaints investigations
- enforcement of petroleum licence requirements
- enforcing regulations to protect employees and customers alike.
Council Officers carry out health and safety enforcement in a variety of commercial premises including shops, restaurants, cafes, hotels and residential care homes, offices and retail and wholesale warehousing.
General information about standards required in the work place and how to make a complaint if you believe this isn’t being met.