Following recent Government announcements, all shoppers visiting Grimsby’s Top Town Market will be required to wear a face mask from Friday 24 July.
The market, located in the Bull Ring, remained partially open during the coronavirus lockdown, selling essential items only.
It fully re-opened on 4 July with strict measures in place to ensure the safety of both traders and customers.
The following measures are still in place:
- The use of a one-way system
- Floor markers to ensure shoppers remain two metres apart and queuing arrangements with each trader
- Additional cleaning procedures
From Friday 24 July, these measures will now include a requirement for all shoppers to wear a face mask when visiting the market.
Councillor John Fenty, portfolio holder for regeneration and skills at North East Lincolnshire Council, said: “The safety of shoppers is paramount and we are fully committed to the protection of the local economy by making sure the market is a safe place for all those who use it.
“I would like to thank residents for their continued support and co-operation with all of the safety measures that have been introduced. We will continue to review these measures in line with Government guidance and look forward to welcoming customers to the market.”
You will be exempt from having to wear one if you:
- are a child aged 11 or under.
- have a disability.
- have a learning disability or Autism.
- would experience severe distress putting on, wearing or removing a face covering/ mask.
- have any communication needs that require you to lip read.
- have a health problem or condition that could be affected by wearing a face covering for example, problems with your breathing.
Top Town Market is open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 9am and 5pm.
The Food Hall is open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5pm
The market is managed by North East Lincolnshire Council’s regeneration partner, ENGIE.
For more information, visit www.nelincs.gov.uk/markets.
To keep up to date with the latest from the Market Hall, find them on Facebook at Grimsby Top Town Market.