A calendar of ‘wheelie’ good Dr Bike workshops has been organised by North East Lincolnshire Council and its delivery partner Equans, who are once more teaming up with Cycle Hub Lincs to ensure that your bikes are in safe working condition this summer.
Taking place across a number of venues in the borough, these events should encourage residents to dust off their bikes and head out into the open.
The Doctor Bike team will be attending each event to carry out free bike safety checks. Its group of mechanics will be able to fix most minor repairs for free, while you wait, or will offer advice on how to fix more serious problems.
Dr Bike will be attending the following venues between May and September, 2023:
- Franklin College – Wednesday 17 May and Wednesday 14 June – 11am to 1.30pm
- Grimsby Leisure Centre – Thursday 25 May, Thursday 29 June, Thursday 27 July and Thursday 31 August – 3pm to 5.30pm
- Duke of York Gardens – Tuesday 30 May, Tuesday 27 June, Tuesday 25 July and Tuesday 29 August – 3pm to 5.30pm
- Littlecoates Community Centre – Wednesday 31 May, Wednesday 28 June, Wednesday 26 July, and Wednesday 30 August – 3pm to 5.30pm
- Waltham Parish Council – Thursday 1 June, Thursday 6 July, Thursday 3 August, and Thursday 7 September – 3pm to 5.30pm
- Grant Thorold Park – Tuesday 6 June, Tuesday 4 July, Tuesday 1 August, and Tuesday 5 September – 3pm to 5.30pm
Councillor Stewart Swinburn, portfolio holder for environment and transport, said: “It is great to be working with Cycle Hub Lincs again. These workshops help to ensure bikes are in safe working condition for the summer, which is of particular importance to those taking to the roads.
“Cycling has great health and wellbeing benefits, and it would be nice to see more people out and about during the warmer months.”
Tim Gooseman, senior transport officer at Equans, added: “In recent years, many children have been encouraged to walk or cycle to school and it’s extremely important that their bikes receive a safety check before the new school year. These events also provide general information about cycling in the borough, which is beneficial for everyone.”
To take part, please book a free ticket online at eventbrite.co.uk/o/equans-amp-cycle-hub-lincs-32941748313. Priority will be given to those who attend with a pre-booked ticket.
Participants can book tickets for up to three bikes, but each bike must have its own ticket. There will be a 30-minute time slot printed on each ticket. Please try to be there within that period, to help keep any queues to a minimum.
Places at Doctor Bike events fill up quickly, so be sure to book early, but please cancel your ticket if for any reason you are no longer able to attend. That way, your space can be given to someone else.
Keep up to date with the latest news on Doctor Bike events on our social media pages.