- Is this second lockdown making you feel lonely? Or overwhelmed?
- Are you worried about your children’s behaviour?
- Do you need to talk to someone about your financial situation?
- Do you want to talk to other kinship carers who understand what you’re going through?
However you’re feeling or if you have questions about the practicalities of being a special guardian – we can help.
North East Lincolnshire Council is working with national kinship care charity Grandparents Plus to give dedicated, free support, information, and advice for kinship carers across the borough who are raising children on a special guardianship order.
Within three working days, you can speak to a friendly, independent and specialist project worker who understands everything you’re going through as a special guardian. They’ll help you with problems you are experiencing, including:
- managing children at home during lockdown
- contact with birth parents
- learning digital skills to connect online via WhatsApp video, Zoom or Skype
- joining a support group online
- finding and applying for any financial support available to you
- and much more
This free service is available to any special guardian living in North East Lincs.
Fill in this form, giving a few details about yourself and a Grandparents Plus team member will be in touch to help within three days.