The footpath reconstruction and kerb replacement currently underway on Hainton Avenue will be completed by Thursday 14 April as planned. The footpath will re-open and normal pedestrian access will resume from this date.
Whilst completing the works, a void was found under the carriageway between Sixhills Street and Catherine Street. In order to ensure the safety of road users and pedestrians, additional works are required to repair the void. These repairs will be carried out from Tuesday 19 April and are expected to finish on Friday 29 April.
To ensure these works can be carried out safely, traffic management measures will be in place 24 hours a day for the duration of the works:
- The current one-way system from Catherine Street towards Sixhills Street will remain in place, with vehicular access available to northbound traffic only. A diversion route will be in place for southbound traffic.
- Parking will not be available on Hainton Avenue, between Sixhills Street and Catherine Street. Residents are kindly asked to arrange alternative parking at this time.
Whilst the above traffic management measures are in place, refuse collection lorries will be unable to collect waste directly from properties without blocking the carriageway. Residents are being informed of this and are requested to take their bins to one of the following junctions for collection during the working period:
- Hainton Avenue/Sixhill Street
- Hainton Avenue/Margaret Street
- Hainton Avenue/Catherine Street
North East Lincolnshire Council, EQUANS, and Specialist Surfacing Ltd apologise in advance for any inconvenience the works may cause.