The School Nursing service is available to children from the age of 4 and a half years, young people and their families. We work in partnership with GP’s, Schools, Family Hub Practitioners and various other professionals to meet identified needs and provide the best possible care.
Services offered to all children
- Vision screening (Reception)
- National child measurement programme – external site (Reception and Year 6)
Other School Nursing services
School Nurses also offer help with:
- Healthy lifestyles i.e. sleep, smoking, growth, dental health
- Bladder and bowel concerns
- Relationships and sexual health
- Health issues impacting on school attendance
- School transition support
- Vulnerable children – unmet physical needs
Access the School Nurse service
To ask for help from the school nursing service complete our School Nursing referral.
Other available support and advice services
School Nursing, William Molson Centre, Kent Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN32 7DJ
Telephone: 01472 323660
Opening times: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, except bank holidays
If your child is aged between 11 and 19 years they can still contact the school nursing team via text on 07507 331620.