Skip to main content

Moving out of North East Lincolnshire

All the best on your move.

To help you with your move here are some things that you need to do and let us know about so that your Council services can end.

1. End your council tax bill

To make sure your Council Tax bill ends you need to let us know you are moving out of the area.

To do this complete the report a change of address  form.

When should you do this?

You need to let us about your move as soon as possible and we will send you a new Council Tax bill. We aim to do this within 28 days. If you have not received a new bill within 28 days of telling us about your move please contact us on 0300 3030164 option 5.

2. Update the electoral register

You will need to register at your new address to be able to vote. When you register at your new address, please include your old address so that your registration is deleted from that property. To do this you will need your:

  • National Insurance number
  • Your new address
  • Date of birth
  • Your passport if you are moving abroad and still want to vote.

Find out how to register at your new address on GOV.UK – Register to Vote .

3. Update your benefit details

If you are claiming housing benefit or Council Tax support you need to update us as you move address.

Find out more and let us know on our change in circumstances page.

Universal Credit

If you receive Universal Credit you need to let the Department for work and pensions know about your move.

GOV.UK – Universal Credit

Pension Credit

If you receive Pension Credit you need to let the Pensions Service know about your move.

GOV.UK – Pension Credit

4. Your waste and recycling bins

Please leave you bins and recycling boxes for the new occupant. We do not need to collect these from your home.

Related websites

Which moving house checklist