Skip to main content

Port Health

The Ports of Grimsby and Immingham

Associated British Ports (ABP), the UK’s leading ports group, owns and operates the twin Ports of Grimsby and Immingham, situated on the South Humber Gateway on the Humber Estuary, which is the busiest shipping estuary in the UK with approximately 40,000 vessel movements per annum.

The Port of Grimsby and Immingham handles in excess of 56 million tonnes of cargo per annum and the strength of the Port is the diversity of cargo handled:

  • The largest dry bulk complex in the UK
  • Daily roll-on/roll-off services to Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Norway, Holland, making the Port the largest roll-on/roll-off port on the UK’s east coast
  • Scheduled lift-on/lift-off container services to / from Rotterdam, Norway, Iceland, Sweden, Denmark and the Baltic states with feeder connections for deep-sea container lines.
  • Riverside oil and chemical jetties to support local industry.
  • The largest car trade port in the UK, with Toyota, Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Vauxhall, BMW, Land Rover, Jaguar, Saab and Bentley vehicles all passing through the twin ports

Illegal, unregulated and unreported fish

Imports of wild origin fish and fish products from outside the European Union are subject to rules on (IUU) fishing.

Grimsby and Immingham Port health charges

Current charges from Port Health.

International catering waste

Procedures involved in catering waste from a vessel.

Ship sanitation inspections and ship water sampling

Guidelines for ship inspections and ships water sampling.

Food hygiene and safety inspections

Port Health are part of the Public Protection section which incorporates Environmental Health and are responsible for carrying out food hygiene and safety inspections at various food premises.

Imported food control

Imported food control for animal origin, non animal origin and food for the intention of animal feeding.

Port Health Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions about exports and imports at our ports.

Export certificate

Many Countries will expect a Health certificate (Export Certificate) to accompany foodstuffs being exported to them although you will not need a certificate for any country within the EU.

The style, wording and language of certificates varies widely and you are advised to contact your customer, the embassy or the Environmental Health Department for advice in advance.

In order for us to issue a certificate the goods must be in our area and the certificate must be obtained before the goods are dispatched and enough time must be given for us to examine the goods and carry out any analysis, if necessary.

There is a charge for this service. For further information contact Grimsby and Immingham Port Health office on 01472 326299.

Related websites

Associated British Ports