From Wednesday 1 December, North East Lincolnshire Council and its regeneration partner EQUANS will be issuing digital permits for all on and off-street parking.
Virtual permits mean you don’t need to display a paper version in your vehicle. Other benefits include:
- A quick and simple online application and payment
- Make changes and requests online (some alterations are effective straight away)
- Enforcement officers instantly know if a vehicle has an active permit
- Environmentally friendly (reduces paper use and printing)
What do you need to do?
- If a permit is due to expire or has expired, residents should apply for their new virtual parking permit by visiting www.nelincs.gov.uk/parking-permit-renewal from 1 December. It’s free to set up an account.
- Residents are able to select how and when they receive a reminder to renew their permit. Vehicle details can also be updated online to ensure a person’s permit is valid.
- If you are not able to access the internet, please call (01472) 326290, option 2, and someone will assist with your application.
- Residential visitor permits in a ‘scratch card’ format can be used until the expiry date shown. Any future visitor tickets will be virtual permits which can be paid for and managed online.
What happens next?
- Once you’ve bought your digital permit, your vehicle will be instantly added to the parking officers’ handheld devices, to help them carry out their jobs and see which vehicles are permitted to park.