North East Lincolnshire Council is reminding people that their household waste and recycling collections continue as normal on bank holiday Monday.
Waste and recycling collections, including garden waste and those taking part in the new food waste pilot, will take place as usual on Bank Holiday Monday 30 August.
Check your collection dates online at www.nelincs.gov.uk/bins.
How to help your bin crew
• Please put the correct bin out before 7am on your collection day
• Please look out for your neighbours and remind them if they forget to put their bins out
• Take your bin back to your property after the bin crew has been
• We will collect all waste and recycling that has been presented correctly in the bins with the lids closed
• All household rubbish that can’t be recycled needs to go in your green wheelie bin with the lid closed.
Tips open as usual
Grimsby and Immingham Community Recycling Centres, also known as CRCs or the tips, are open as usual from 8am to 6pm daily.
Both tips can be busy during bank holiday weekends with hundreds of visitors per day. Please be patient if you are visiting and avoid peak times if you can.
Both sites are run by North East Lincolnshire Council’s waste management contractor Newlincs Development Ltd.
Tips for visiting the tips
• Stay safe – follow the site rules to keep yourself, other visitors and staff safe during your visit. Check the details at www.nelincs.gov.uk/tips.
• Plan ahead – If you regularly visit the tip in a commercial or large vehicle (including people carriers, 4x4s and estate cars), or use a large trailer, you are restricted to one load per day per household and must complete an online-declaration form at www.nelincs.gov.uk/householdwasteform before your visit.
• If you are bringing cardboard boxes, please flatten them first so they don’t fill up the skips so quickly.
• Bulky waste and garden waste – if you can’t get to the tip, try the paid for bulky waste or garden waste collection services.
• Pick up a bargain for charity – bikes and other bric-a-brac available to buy daily, all proceeds go to good causes.