People in North East Lincolnshire are being encouraged to nominate their community heroes for a Civic Award.
Created 2-years ago, the awards recognise and celebrate local people who have gone above and beyond across North East Lincolnshire.
They look to champion various businesses, charities and individuals, including brilliant neighbours and deserving veterans.
The Good Neighbour Award category says thank you to the people who are so supportive to the people they live near. Whether it’s checking in on a vulnerable person, running errands, offering a listening ear or companionship to someone who’s lonely.
The Veteran in the Community award recognises an individual who has served for at least one day in His Majesty’s Armed Forces (Regular or Reserve) or Merchant Mariners who have seen duty on legally defined military operations, who has:
- Successfully transitioned to the civilian world and has been a pillar of the local community and also a strong and effective role model to other service leavers
- Significantly contributed to the local community, by going above and beyond, by raising money, being a role model for friends and neighbours or raised awareness of needs of vulnerable people to promote social change
- Seized opportunities when they have arisen to inspire others within your community
- Made significant efforts to bring the (Armed Forces) community together to improve / strengthen community spirit?
The nominations for the awards close on 31st January 2024. To make your submission visit www.nelincs.gov.uk/CivicAwards. The winners will be invited to a special ceremony at Grimsby Town Hall in March 2024.
The categories in full are:
- Mayor’s Community Impact Award
- Environmental Impact Award
- Sporting and Wellness Impact Award
- Business in the Community Award
- Charity/Volunteer of the Year Award
- Inspirational Young Person Award
- Good Neighbour Award
- Veteran in the Community Award