Eleven residents of Habrough Village enjoy a monthly catch up where they share news and support each other, most recently over lunch at Beechwood Farm on Grimsby’s Europarc, thanks to Phone n Ride.
For residents of North East Lincolnshire’s rural locations, such as Habrough, the Phone n Ride service can be an important link to the wider community.
Mrs Lynne Botham, group organiser for the Habrough residents, said:
“Without the service’s group booking option, arranging a meal out for us all is really difficult. Many of us no longer drive, so would have to rely on getting a lift from someone else. Phone n Ride makes it really easy to organise our trips out.
“We really value the service, especially being able to be picked up from near our homes in Habrough Village and dropped off where we want to go.
“As a group of friends, we have all been affected one way or another during Covid – this made us feel lonely and isolated at times, but with Government restrictions now lifted, it’s great to be able to arrange a meal and book the bus again to travel all together. We’ve had a lovely afternoon.
“As a group, we are looking forward to trying different places within the borough. We may go out to Cleethorpes for fish and chips or visit the Time Trap and Heritage Centre in Grimsby – there are so many wonderful places on our doorstep we can’t wait to visit using the Phone n Ride service.”
Councillor Stewart Swinburn, portfolio holder for environment and transport at North East Lincolnshire Council, said: “It is fantastic to see Mrs Botham and her friends making use of the Phone n Ride service and enjoying an afternoon out. Phone n Ride is open to anyone to use and is a great link for people to get to work, attend an appointment, grab some shopping, and in this case, meet up with friends.”
Information regarding Phone ‘n’ Ride group booking travel
Group bookings can be made via the Phone n Ride team by calling (01472) 324440 or via email at [email protected]. In order to help as many people as possible, the following guidelines apply to group bookings.
- There must be at least five people travelling together between any two locations in North East Lincolnshire at the same time during normal operational hours.
- The maximum vehicle capacity is 14 people and there is also space for one wheelchair (subject to assessment). Larger groups may be able to be accommodated on multiple vehicles.
- The earlier you let us know about your trip, the greater your chance of the service being able to accommodate your request. Please note that whilst the Phone n Ride team will make every effort to help with your journey request, the service has limited capacity and there is no guarantee that the request will be successful.
- One member of the group will need to act as the ‘Group Leader’, they will be responsible for making the booking and notifying the Service of any changes.
- All passengers travelling agree to abide by the guidelines set out in the Phone n Ride ‘Code of Conduct’ leaflet which is available at phonenride.com.