Local Authority Building Control (LABC)
Local Authority Building Control (LABC) is an organisation that represents all local authority building control teams in England and Wales to quick, impartial advice. They work co-operatively with building owners, home owners, architects, engineers, developers, building contractors and other professionals to ensure buildings are safe, healthy and efficient to meet the standards set by the Building Regulations. If you wish to carry out applicable building work outside the area of North East Lincolnshire but would still like to use our team for building control team you can do this through the ‘LABC Partner Authority Scheme’.
Join the LABC partner authority scheme
The LABC Partner Authority Scheme enables companies who carry out design and construction work in various locations across the country, to work with the same local authority building control service.
This scheme enables developers to submit proposals to North East Lincolnshire Building Control no matter where your site is situated. Developers may find this scheme beneficial for:
- Building up a relationship and understanding with your local authority Building Control Team
- Enabling greater consistency with Building Regulations interpretation
- Saving time and money on wasted administration and travel
- Gives you a single point of contact in your chosen local authority you can talk to anytime
- Local inspections carried out by a professional team near to your sites
- In-depth expertise available from specialist LABC experts on structure, fire, noise, access, contamination and energy
- Simplified correspondence, faster resolution of queries and reduced paperwork
- Simplified fees and invoicing arrangements
- Streamlined administration all the way through to the completion certificate
- Options to use LABC new home warranty or latent defects insurance for commercial buildings
- The use of the LABC Partner logo in onward communications to your customers, contractors and other professional advisors.
Following submission of partner authority scheme application, our team can liaise with you and the local authority relevant to your proposal to discuss the requirements of the Building Regulations to reach a stage of approval. Once the work begins on site, the relevant local authority will manage the construction phase and will provide onsite inspections and advice to the site team.
As the North East Lincolnshire Building Control Team belongs to the national LABC services network, our customers can benefit from links to a network of regulated, specialist services. These services are:
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Energy and sustainability calculations
- Fire and structural engineering
- Access audits
- Acoustic consultancy and testing
- Code for sustainable homes and BREEAM assessments
- Air pressure testing
- Structural warranties and latent defects insurance for domestic and commercial projects