Highway design guides
The local authority is responsible for promoting new developments in North East Lincolnshire. To assist developers, builders, architects, designers and all relevant people a Highway Design Guide and a series of Technical Notes have been produced.
The Highway Design Guide includes the most up to date guidance for North East Lincolnshire.
- NELC Highways design guide (PDF, 1MB) – Uploaded July 2023
- Advice Note 1 Transport Statement Assessment (PDF, 123KB)
- Advice Note 2 Travel Plans (PDF, 114KB)
- Advice Note 3 Road Safety Audits (PDF, 58KB)
- Advice Note 4 Traffic Beat & Parking Beat Surveys (PDF, 132KB)
- Advice Note 5 Highway Adoptions and Searches (PDF, 48KB)
- Advice Note 6 Shared Private Drive (PDF, 81KB)
- Advice Note 7 Single Private Drive (PDF, 90KB)
- Advice Note 8 Vehicle Crossing Guidance for Domestic Property (PDF, 118KB)
- Advice Note 9 Hierarchy of Transport Modes (PDF, 77KB)
- Advice Note 10 Section 184 (PDF, 47KB)
- Advice Note 11 Visibility (PDF, 268KB)