North East Lincolnshire Council and its delivery partner, Equans, are carrying out road core tests across the borough on Tuesday 11 April and Wednesday 12 April.
As part of the road core tests a small section of the road is taken for analysis to see what the materials consist of and to determine the structural layers of the road.
These tests will be used as part of the detailed design process for future North East Lincolnshire Council schemes. These core tests are funded from the Local Transport Plan (LTP) Capital Programme 2023.
All sites will be managed and controlled by on-site operatives. The below programme is an approximate and subject to change, depending on progress.
Tuesday 11 April
- South Marsh Lane Bridleway – Stallingborough – Between South Marsh Road and level crossing – 8am to 12pm
- Taylor’s Avenue – Cleethorpes – Between Lynton Rise and Brampton Way – 12pm – 6pm
Wednesday 12 April
- Taylor’s Avenue – Cleethorpes – Between Hewitt’s Circus roundabout and Hewitt’s Manor – 8am to 1pm
- Imperial Avenue – Cleethorpes – Between Grimsby Road and house no. 2 – 1pm to 3.30pm
- Mendip Avenue – Grimsby– Between Quantock Road and Southwold Crescent – 3.30pm to 6pm
Although every effort will be made to minimise disruption throughout the tests, please be aware some elements may be noisy.
The council, Equans and National Testing apologise in advance for the inconvenience this may cause.
Keep up to date with roadworks across the area at www.nelincs.gov.uk/roadworks