Term dates for the school year 2021-2022 were agreed by Councillors at a meeting of North East Lincolnshire Council’s Cabinet his week.
The dates, which are the same as neighbouring Lincolnshire County Council and North Lincolnshire Council, reflect the anticipated return to school for children in our area once the COVID-19 pandemic is over.
- Term 1 will span from Thursday 2 September 2021 to Friday 22 October.
- Term 2 will span from Monday 1 November 2021 to Thursday 16 December 2021.
- Term 3 will span from Wednesday 5 January 2022 to Friday 11 February 2022.
- Term 4 will span from Monday 21 February 2022 to Friday 1 April 2022.
- Term 5 will span from Wednesday 20 April 2022 to Friday 27 May 2022.
- Term 6 will span from Monday 6 June 2022 to Thursday 21 July 2022.
Schools run by the Local Authority are required by law to be open to pupils for 190 days.
Councillor Ian Lindley, portfolio holder for children, education and young people at North East Lincolnshire Council, said: “We value our children’s right to education and we’re keen to see them back at school when the time is right.
“In the meantime, we’re planning for the next academic year. These term dates will hopefully provide our parents with some sense of reassurance that things will eventually get back to the way they were.”
The Council sets the dates for community schools, community special schools, voluntary controlled schools, pupil referral units and maintained nursery schools in the area.
Academy schools are responsible for setting their own term dates, though many follow the dates set by the Local Authority.