The Big Community Switch is back to put a spring in your step.
The home energy scheme is free to take part in and could help cut your energy bills.
The process is simple, quick and obligation free! With nothing to lose, and could see you saving a hefty sum.
The latest round began in March, but you still have until Tuesday 18 May to sign up to the scheme.
Register online at: https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/homes-and-property/big-community-switch/.
If you don’t have access to the internet, contact the Home Energy Team to sign up. If you are calling the team don’t forget to have a copy of your recent gas and electricity bill with you.
Our springtime energy saving tips:
- Spring clean your appliances (Fridge, Filters, Cooker and radiators)– dirt and dust can clog up appliances making them less efficient
- Do not leave electrical appliances on standby, unplug them when they’re not in use
- Switch to energy saving light bulbs
- Turn off lights when leaving a room and open curtains using natural light where you can
- Only fill the kettle with the water you need for a hot drink
- Layer up your clothing when you’re cold
- Ensure your property is insulated
- Get a smart meter to help keep an eye on how much energy you are using
- Take monthly meter readings and submit to your fuel supplier (if you do not have a smart meter)
- Wash clothes at a lower temperature and use the washing line to dry (where possible)
- Educate the household on switching appliances off
- Try not to block radiators with curtains or furniture
- Look at switching tariffs – sign up for the Big Community Switch or use a comparison website
The scheme is run by North East Lincolnshire Council and its regeneration partner, ENGIE.
For more information on the Big Community Switch visit https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/homes-and-property/big-community-switch/ or call the Home Energy Team on (01472) 32 4703.