Apply for, renew or replace your blue badge
- Blue badge overview
- Supporting evidence and documents
- Apply for, renew or replace your Blue Badge
- Badge misuse
The quickest and easiest way to apply for or renew a Blue Badge is online.
Before you start
- If applying under the automatic qualifying criteria (Personal Independence Payment or Disability Living Allowance) the expiry of your badge will be linked to the expiry date of the benefit you receive, this cannot be extended once your badge has been issued.
- there is a cost of £10 for a Blue Badge which is payable in the online form or over the phone
- allow a minimum of 12 weeks from the date we receive your evidence for us to assess and process your application
- you must provide as much information about your condition and the effect it has on you taking a journey
- your current Blue Badge reference number if you’re reapplying
- check your current Blue Badge expiry date before destroying it, your new badge can’t be used before it’s valid date
- you may need provide the registration number for the vehicle you normally travel in
If you do not want to apply online you can print the paper form and return it completed to the Blue Badge administration service.
Independent medical assessment
During the assessment process of your blue badge application we may need to send you for an Independent Medical Assessment.
Lost, stolen or damaged
Let us know if a Blue Badge has been lost, stolen or is damaged.
You must report a stolen badge to the police on the 101 non emergency number and request a full crime reference number before requesting a replacement.
You will be notified if you are not eligible for a Blue Badge. A refund of £10 will be processed within 6 working days and your photograph will be destroyed with our confidential waste.
If you do not think all the important information was considered, you can contact us and we may review your application.
Blue Badge, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HU
Telephone: 01472 313131
Opening times: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, except bank holidays