Trade parking waiver
A parking waiver allows temporary parking, where parking restrictions normally apply.
Circumstances in which a waiver may be available include:
- building, maintenance or repair works where close proximity to the site is essential
- any other activity requiring a vehicle to park in contravention of the parking regulations
The usual restrictions regarding dangerous parking, obstruction and footway parking will still apply and will be considered on application.
The waiver will be vehicle and location specific, therefore only applications from trades people (not residents) can be accepted.
Completing an application does not guarantee a waiver will be granted. Waivers will be assessed on a case by case basis. We reserve the right to decline an application. We will not grant requests for waivers where there is suitable unrestricted parking nearby. Should your scenario be one where loading and unloading can be achieved without breaking the parking rules and then you vehicle be moved to a more suitable location a waiver may not be necessary.
Should your waiver application be successful we will notify you confirming when you will be able to park.
Apply for a parking waiver
To apply for a waiver complete the parking waiver form.
Our Civil Enforcement Officers will be able to immediately check whether or not a vehicle found parked on a parking restriction has a valid waiver. They will do this by checking the vehicle registration number on their handheld computers.
Should a vehicle be parked; in the wrong location, on a type of restriction other than that agreed or without a valid waiver, the vehicle will be subject to the issue of a penalty charge notice and the appeals procedure will apply.
- At any time a Police Officer, PCSO or an authorised officer of the council or equivalent person may withdraw permission of this waiver, and should you refuse to move the vehicle a penalty charge notice may be issued.
- While the waiver is in use, we do not accept liability for any damage, loss or accident caused to or by the vehicle, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the vehicle is parked in a safe manner, ensuring safety to the public at all times.
- Some types of activity may be automatically exempt from parking restrictions and a waiver may not be required.
- Please allow two full working days for us to process your application. Once your application has been processed we will contact you and inform you of the outcome. You are not entitled to park your vehicle whilst your application is still being processed.
If you require any further information regarding restrictions in the location you are applying for prior to your application please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01472 326290, option 2.
Parking Services, PO Box 493, Grimsby, DN31 1HU,
Telephone: 01472 326290 option 2
Opening times: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays