THE BOROUGH OF NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE
THE NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE BOROUGH COUNCIL
(REMEMBRANCE PARADE – BARGATE AND SURROUNDING STREETS, GRIMSBY – TTRO 21-137-6)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the North East Lincolnshire Borough Council have made, an Order, the effect of which will be to prohibit any vehicle or cycle from proceeding along the following sections of
carriageway between 08:00hrs and 14:00hrs on Sunday 14 November, 2021. The extent of the closure will
- Bethlehem Street from its junction with Old Market Place to its junction with Church Lane
- Church Lane from its junction with Bethlehem Street to its junction with Deansgate
- Deansgate from its junction with Church Lane to its junction with Bargate
- Bargate from its junction with Deansgate (incorporating all off streets) to its junction with Nuns Corner Roundabout, Scartho Road
- Eastwood Avenue from its junction with Bargate to a point 40 metres south of its junction with Bargate
- Wellowgate from its junction with Bethlehem Street to its junction with Brighowgate
Adjoining streets may be affected for a short period of time whilst the parade passes but will be reopened as soon as it is safe to do so.
This temporary prohibition is required to allow the safe facilitation of the Remembrance Day Service at the St James Church then parade to the Cenotaph at Nuns Corner. The Parade route will be signed and a plan available to view online. The dates and times above are correct at the point of print however should the event experience severe adverse weather the event may be cancelled, this will be determined on the day.
The Order will come into operation on Sunday 14 November 2021 and will continue in force for a period not exceeding three days unless extended for a further period by the Secretary of State for Transport, or until completion of the works (whichever is the earlier). The road will be reopened as soon as possible.
A copy of the sealed Temporary Traffic Regulation Order may be inspected online via North East Lincolnshire Council’s Website by searching ‘Temporary TRO’, or go to Traffic Regulation Orders.
For further information, telephone NELC Highways – 01472 313131 for an explanation of the proposals.
Dated this 11 day of November, 2021.
Rob G. Walsh – Chief Executive
Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU