EnGRef: TTRO 23-128
THE NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 (SPECIAL EVENTS) – SECTION 16A
REMEMBRANCE PARADE – A SECTION OF ST PETERS AVENUE AND SURROUNDING STREETS, CLEETHORPES
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC – TTRO 23-128) ORDER 2023
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the North East Lincolnshire Borough Council have made, an Order, the effect of which will be that no person shall cause or permit any motor vehicle or cycle, from PROCEEDING along the below sections of carriageway between 8am and 1pm on SUNDAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2023. The extent of the closure and expected parade route will be:
- ST PETERS AVENUE – Part length, from its roundabout junction with MILL ROAD /
CAMBRIDGE STREET to its junction with SHORT STREET
- SHORT STREET – Full extent, from its junction with ST PETERS AVENUE to its junction with
- MARKET STREET – Full extent, from its junction with SHORT STREET to its roundabout
junction with ALEXANDRA ROAD / SEA ROAD
- ALEXANDRA ROAD – Part length, from its roundabout junction with SEA ROAD / MARKET
STREET to its roundabout junction with HIGH CLIFF ROAD / SEA VIEW STREET
In case of inclement / wet weather the parade will operate on a reduced route, in which the following
road closures will apply:
- ST PETERS AVENUE – Part length, from its junction with ALBERT ROAD to its roundabout
junction with MILL ROAD / CAMBRIDGE STREET
- CAMBRIDGE STREET – Part length, from its roundabout junction with ST PETERS AVENUE
/ MILL ROAD to its junction with KNOLL STREET
- KNOLL STREET – Full extent, from its junction with CAMBRIDGE STREET to its junction with
- ALEXANDRA ROAD – Part length, from its junction with KNOLL STREET to its roundabout
junction with HIGH CLIFF ROAD / SEA VIEW STREET
Adjoining streets may be affected for a short period of time whilst the Parade passes but will be reopened as soon as it is safe to do so.
This temporary prohibition is required to allow safe facilitation of the Remembrance Day Service at the Cenotaph together with the associated Parade from St Peters Church to the Cleethorpes Town Hall.
The Order will come into operation on Sunday, 12 November 2023, and will continue in force for a period not exceeding three days unless extended for a further period by the Secretary of State for Transport, or until completion of the event (whichever is the earlier). The closure is expected to remain in place until 1pm on Sunday, 12 November 2023. Definitive dates and times will be notified by on-site advanced warning signs
The dates and times above are correct at the point of print however implementation on site may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Diversion routes will be signposted and published online on One Network and Public notices.
A copy of the sealed Temporary Traffic Regulation Order may be inspected online via North East Lincolnshire Council’s website by searching ‘Temporary TRO’, or go to Traffic regulation orders.
For further information, telephone NELC Highways – 01472 313131 for an explanation of the proposals.
Dated this 26/10/2023
Rob G. Walsh – Chief Executive
Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU