North East Lincolnshire Council, along with its delivery partner Equans, have once again teamed up with the Big Community Switch this autumn.
Many households have been impacted by exceptionally high energy costs and with colder days and longer nights just around the corner, we are committed to seeking better deals through the Big Community Switch scheme.
Switching energy suppliers can be a daunting task but the Big Community Switch do all the hard work for you and with an easy to use, quick and obligation free service, it’s a no brainer. Not to mention it could see you saving a hefty sum!
Registrations opened on Monday 4 September, and you have until Monday 2nd October to register.
Register for the scheme at Big Community Switch | NELC (nelincs.gov.uk)
Those who do not have access to the internet can contact the Home Energy Team to sign up. If you are calling the team, don’t forget to have a copy of your recent gas and electricity bill with you.
Here’s a few of our top tips for autumn/winter energy saving;
- Let the sun in during the day – By opening your curtains and blinds during the day time, you take advantage of the sun to naturally heat your home.
- Layer up – Although this might seem to be an obvious one, wearing plenty of layers and blankets is the best way to keep yourself warm and cozy.
- After using the oven, leave the door ajar – Heating your home entirely with your oven would be an impractical waste of energy. However, if you’re using it anyway there’s no reason why you should let the heat go to waste, leave the door cracked open and allow the heat to warm your kitchen.
- Block draughty gaps – There are many effective permanent and semi-permanent methods of blocking gaps that may be causing chilly draughts in different areas of your home.
- Close your curtains earlier in the evening – Once the sun goes down, having your curtains and blinds shut can reduce heat loss by 13-17%.
For more information on the Big Community Switch, visit, Big Community Switch | NELC (nelincs.gov.uk) or call the Home Energy Team on (01472) 32 4703.