ORDER UNDER SECTION 21 OF THE TOWN POLICE CLAUSES ACT 1847
FOR THE PREVENTION OF OBSTRUCTION IN STREETS
2022 CHRISTMAS TREE ILLUMINATION EVENT – ST PETERS AVENUE, CLEETHORPES
WHEREAS on the 02nd day of December 2022 between the hours of 16:00 and 19:00 in the Borough of North East Lincolnshire, St Peters Avenue will be thronged and liable to be obstructed during a public event to facilitate the annual illumination of the Cleethorpes Christmas Tree.
NOW in pursuance of the powers conferred upon it by Section 21 of the Town Police Clauses Act, 1847, the Council of the said Borough do HEREBY ORDER AND DIRECT that for the purpose of preventing obstruction in the lengths of street hereinafter mentioned on the said day, the following regulations shall be observed:-
- Save as provided in Regulations 2 and 3 of this Order no person shall except upon the direction or with the permission of a police constable in uniform, PCSO or other authorised person to; drive, ride or propel any vehicle, or cause or permit any vehicle to wait on or in the following lengths of road:
Lengths of road within Cleethorpes
- B1374 ST PETERS AVENUE – Part Length, from its junction with ALBERT ROAD to its roundabout junction with MILL ROAD / CAMBRIDGE STREET.
Alternative route 1 (clockwise): ALBERT ROAD, A1098 ALEXANDRA ROAD, KNOLL STREET, CAMBRIDGE STREET
Alternative route 2 (anticlockwise): CAMBRIDGE STREET, KNOLL STREET, A1098 ALEXANDRA ROAD, A1098 HIGH STREET (reverse route applies), ST PETERS AVENUE
- Nothing in Regulation 1 of this Order shall prevent any person from; driving, riding or propelling any vehicle, or from causing or permitting a vehicle to wait on or in the said length of street if the vehicle is a vehicle used for fire brigade purposes or an ambulance or a vehicle in the service of a police force in any such case being used in pursuance of statutory powers or duties.
- Any person directed or permitted by a police constable in uniform to; drive, ride or propel a vehicle or to cause or permit a vehicle to wait on or in the said street or length of street during the said hours on the said day shall obey the directions of the said police constable, and of any other police constable in uniform, PCSO or other authorised person.
- All persons present in the said length of street during the said hours on the said day shall comply with the directions of any police constable in uniform, PCSO or other authorised person.
- The penalty for an infringement of this Order Regulations is a fine not exceeding one thousand pounds.
THE COMMON SEAL OF THE NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE BOROUGH COUNCIL was hereunto affixed this 24 Day of November 2022 In the presence of Authorised Officer:
Seal Number: 9794