Works will be starting later this month to install the road markings required as part of the enforcement for the Abbey Road residential parking scheme.
To allow the works to be completed safely, temporary road closures will be in place on the following days:
- Monday 27 July – Manor Avenue and Abbey Road, between the junctions of Welholme Avenue and Manor Avenue
- Tuesday 28 July – Abbey Drive West and Abbey Park Road, between the junctions of Abbey Road and Abbey Drive West
- Wednesday 29 July – Abbey Road, between the junctions of Manor Avenue and Wellowgate, and Abbey Drive East, between the junctions of Abbey Road and Wellowgate
- Thursday 30 July – Wellowgate, between the junctions of Abbey Road and Abbey Drive East, and Abbey Drive East, between the junctions of Wellowgate and Ainslie Street and St Olafs Grove
- Friday 31 July – Abbey Road, between the junctions of Wellowgate and Ainslie Street, and Abbotsway
The closures are required to make sure the roads are kept clear while the lining works are carried out and ensure the safety of the workforce.
Every effort will be made to minimise disruption. However, there may be short periods of time when access to properties cannot be maintained.
The introduction of the scheme is expected to come into force in the coming months following engagement with all affected residents by the parking team and the installation of all associated signage.
Once the scheme is in place, only vehicles with residential parking permits will be able to park on the designated streets all day. Anyone without a permit will only be permitted to park for up to two hours. Anyone found parked in this area for longer than two hours or without a valid permit will receive a penalty charge notice (PCN).
More information about parking in North East Lincolnshire is available at www.nelincs.gov.uk/parking.