In preparation for the elections on Thursday, 6 May 2021, North East Lincolnshire Council is holding an online briefing session for prospective candidates who are considering standing for election, as well as their election agents.
The briefing session will be held on Wednesday, 3 March 2021 at 6pm.
It will cover the following:
- election timetable – including changes to dates
- nominations – including changes to the process and timelines
- appointment of election, polling and counting agents
- postal votes – new process for this year
- polling day – explanation of how it will work
- counting of votes – key dates and times
- candidates’ expenses
If you are thinking of standing as a candidate, particularly if you are new to the nomination and elections process, you are strongly urged to attend the briefing session which will last for approximately one hour. You will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end.
If you wish to attend the candidate and agent briefing, please email your details, including your name and email address, to email@example.com before Midday on 3 March 2021.
You will then be emailed a link to the briefing session, which will be held over Microsoft Teams.