COVID-19 guidance and support
To protect yourself and others, you must follow the Government guidance. If you have a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss of sense of taste or smell, you may have the virus. You will need to self-isolate immediately and arrange to get a test. This means staying at home and arranging to have food and supplies delivered. You must not go to work and must not have visitors in your home.
Reduce the risk
You can reduce the risk of catching the virus by taking some simple precautions. When you go out, social distance from other people. This means leave a 2m space between you and anyone who does not live with you. If you go into a shop or enclosed public space, you should wear a face mask unless you are exempt.
You should also wash or sanitise your hands frequently, but particularly before and after eating or touching your head or face.
Keeping North East Lincolnshire safe and open
We are working with our partners to help our communities to adapt and reopen our area, living alongside the virus.
There are plans in place to minimise the impact of the virus on everyday life, reduce the risk of a localised outbreak of the virus, and contain any cases in our area. To do this, we have an Outbreak Control Plan (PDF, 774KB) .
For more information on testing, including who is eligible for a test in our area and how to book a test, visit the Humber Local Resilience Forum .
Here you will find out how to stay safe and get the support you need.
Information and support around testing, tracing and self-isolation
Advice for those who are over 60, clinically vulnerable or clinically extremely vulnerable
Includes isolating at home, scams, test and trace, travel, parking, social care, families, leisure, health, wellbeing, bins and customer information
Includes local business recovery, preparing for an outbreak, ports, licensing, licence to put table and chairs on the highway and planning
Includes setting up a volunteer group, sector support, existing community groups, organising the response and new volunteers
Includes national guidance, schools information, skills hub, national careers service and Young People’s support
Includes travel, parking, fraud and scams
Report a concern – Ask a question about government advice for businesses or tell us about a businesses that are not following the COVID-19 secure guidelines
Latest COVID-19 news
- Test and trace team carrying out doorstep visits in North East Lincolnshire
- Testing centres open for asymptomatic key workers
- Over £200,000 paid to people self-isolating in your area
- Tell us about your health visitor experience
- North East Lincolnshire business grant applications go live
- COVID-19: Changes to arrangements at the crematorium
- Keep on top of your mental health during the national lockdown
- Praise for local health and care workers over vaccine roll out
- Parents urged to support local schools during lockdown
- Local public health chief urges public to stick to rules to get through lockdown safely