COVID-19 guidance and support
To protect yourself and others, you must follow the Government guidance. If you have a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss of sense of taste or smell, you may have the virus. You will need to self-isolate immediately and arrange to get a test. This means staying at home and arranging to have food and supplies delivered. You must not go to work and must not have visitors in your home.
Reduce the risk
You can reduce the risk of catching the virus by taking some simple precautions. When you go out, social distance from other people. This means leave a 2m space between you and anyone who does not live with you. If you go into a shop or enclosed public space, you should wear a face mask unless you are exempt.
You should also wash or sanitise your hands frequently, but particularly before and after eating or touching your head or face.
Keeping North East Lincolnshire safe and open
We are working with our partners to help our communities to adapt and reopen our area, living alongside the virus.
There are plans in place to minimise the impact of the virus on everyday life, reduce the risk of a localised outbreak of the virus, and contain any cases in our area. To do this, we have an Outbreak Control Plan (PDF, 774KB) .
For more information on testing, including who is eligible for a test in our area and how to book a test, visit the Humber Local Resilience Forum .
Here you will find out how to stay safe and get the support you need.
Information and support around testing, tracing and self-isolation
Advice for those who are over 60, clinically vulnerable or clinically extremely vulnerable
Includes isolating at home, scams, test and trace, travel, parking, social care, families, leisure, health, wellbeing, bins and customer information
Includes local business recovery, preparing for an outbreak, ports, licensing, licence to put table and chairs on the highway and planning
Includes setting up a volunteer group, sector support, existing community groups, organising the response and new volunteers
Includes national guidance, schools information, skills hub, national careers service and Young People’s support
Includes travel, parking, fraud and scams
Report a concern – Ask a question about government advice for businesses or tell us about a businesses that are not following the COVID-19 secure guidelines
Latest COVID-19 news
- Students encouraged to arrange COVID test kits ahead of university return
- Residents in North East Lincolnshire are being urged to shop safely and support local businesses with the safe reopening of the high street
- Further easing of COVID restrictions confirmed for 12 April
- Free rapid COVID tests to be made available to everyone in North East Lincolnshire
- COVID Test collection site to be set up on Grimsby docks
- Businesses now have longer to apply for free COVID tests
- Claim financial support if you test positive for COVID-19
- Webinar for businesses to take place ahead of COVID restriction easing
- Changes to Central Promenade COVID arrangements starting Thursday 1 April
- Businesses urged to register by 31 March for free workforce COVID tests