Skip to main content

Report a concern about a child

Report a concern

If you are worried about a child and feel you need to report it complete our report a concern about a child form.

Reason to report a concern

Reasons to report a concern could include:

  • poor school attendance
  • not attending health appointments
  • usually hungry
  • not dressed properly for the weather
  • not protected from harm
  • unstable home environment
  • exposed to domestic violence
  • exposed to alcohol or drugs
  • parent or carer has mental health issues

Urgent reports out of hours

Children Assessment and Safeguarding Service run the out of hours service, which you can contact on 01472 326292 (option 2).

This service is an EMERGENCY ONLY service open from 5pm to 8:30am.

Please only contact the out of hours service if you have a concern where by a child is at immediate risk of harm and the call cannot wait until the following morning when a Social Worker will be available to take your call.

Professionals reporting a concern

If you are a professional reporting a concern about a child please go to the Safer NEL  website for more details of how to do this.

Contact details

Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub, Civic Offices, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, DN35 8LN

Telephone: 01472 326292 (option 2)