Skip to main content

Home energy

For all home energy and housing enquiries, including heating, insulation improvements and housing repairs complete the Home energy enquiry form.

Prepare for winter now and insulate your property today. There are various funding options for heating and insulation improvements and ways of reducing your fuel bills. Advice is available to both home owners and renters.

Available to view also is the Home Energy Checklist, which will help guide you through financial help available and practical steps you can take to help keep your home feeling warmer this winter.

Advice for residents

Grants available

Our policy on Housing assistance and disabled adaptions can be found on the Housing grants and loans page.

Boiler Upgrade Grant – Assistance to replace you main heating system for an Air Source Heat pump or Ground Source Heat Pump.

GOV.UK – Check if you are eligible for the boiler upgrade scheme

Oil Buying Scheme – To assist those customer purchasing Oil, we are working with Humber Wolds Community Council – Rural energy on a bulk buying scheme.

You may be eligible for the ECO scheme if you or a member of the household are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:

  • Income based Jobseekers allowance (JSA)
  • Income related Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Income Support (IS)
  • Pension Credit Guarantee/Pension Credit Savings
  • Working Tax Credits (WTC)
  • Child Tax Credit (CTC)
  • Universal Credit (UC)
  • Housing Benefit
  • Child Benefit

And the EPC rating of your property is D, E, F or G if you are a homeowner, or E, F, or G if you are in social or private rented accommodation.

Some benefits are subject to household income threshold criteria.

For further information on the scheme contact the Home Energy Team on 01472 326296 option 5

Are you eligible?

  • Is your property off the gas network?
  • Is your household income less than £31,000? Or, does someone in your household receive income related benefits?
  • Is your home is difficult to keep warm (EPC rating D-G)?

You, also may be able to access the funding if you live in certain postcode areas.

If you have no mains gas heating in your home, you may be eligible to receive energy efficiency upgrades which can lower their energy bills.

Surveyors will assess the best ways for you to save money on your energy bills and the scheme will arrange the installs.  The full service is provided free for eligible homeowners and private renting tenants.

Landlords must contribute to the funding and won’t be able to join the scheme if they own more than four properties.

Contact North East Lincolnshire Council’s Home Energy Team on 01472 326296 option 5

Under the new Great British Insulation Scheme (GBIS) there are two groups with different eligibility criteria, the general group and the low-income eligibility group.

To be eligible for the general group, you must:

  • Have an EPC rating of D or below
  • Live in a home that falls within Council Tax bands A-D in England

To be eligible for the low-income eligibility group you must:

  • Have an EPC rating of D or below
  • Receive means tested benefits

For further information on the scheme contact the Home Energy Team on 01472 326296 option 5

How can I save Money on my Fuel Bills?

  • Energy Saving Trust an independent, respected and trusted voice on energy efficiency and clean energy solutions.
  • Simple Energy Advice offers impartial and independent advice to help you reduce bills and improve the energy efficiency of your home.
  • Big Community Switch is a free scheme that could help you save money on your energy bills. It’s easy and there is no obligation to accept the offer. All you need to provide are your contact details, the name of your energy supplier and details of your current energy usage and tariff.

Where can I get advice if I am struggling to pay my fuel bills?

Contact the Home Energy team on 01472 324703 or go to the National Debtline.

Am I eligible for winter fuel and cold weather payments?

Find out if you are eligible on the GOV.UK website: