Applying for a job with North East Lincolnshire Council
How to complete our application form
We’re really pleased that you are considering working with us at North East Lincolnshire Council. We want you to submit the best application that you possibly can, so here’s some tips on how to make sure your application form provides all the information we need.
Preparing for an interview
If you are invited to attend an interview at North East Lincolnshire Council, make sure you are well prepared to perform at your best and increase your chances of being offered the job.
Before the interview, do your research and plan ahead. Make sure you:
- Check the interview details and make sure you know where it is being held – We have multiple sites and your interview could be at any one of them. Research your journey in advance and aim to arrive ten minutes before your interview begins. If you are unfamiliar with the location, you may want to practice the journey in advance to make sure you know where the bus stop or the car park is.
- Do your research – How much do you know about the Council? Try looking on the website to find out what we do and what our priorities are. Then you will be able to speak confidently at your interview about why you want to work with us. You could also check out our social media feeds such as Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn, YouTube or Instagram .
- Prepare your answers – Think about common interview questions and what job specific questions we could ask.
- Prepare some questions – Think about what you would like to know from us and prepare some questions to ask at the interview.
- Bring your documents – Prepare a folder to take the necessary documentation including your interview letter, role profile, your educational certificates and proof of ID if requested.
When you attend your interview, remember to:
- Be positive – We are on your side! We really want to find the best person for the job and if you show us that that’s you, then we will be very happy.
- Be clear – Answer all questions clearly and concisely, to show us just how good you are. Make sure you tell us about your skills, experiences and achievements. And if we don’t ask the right questions to allow you to shine, then tell us anyway.
- Be curious – Feel free to ask us some questions. You are interviewing us just like we are interviewing you.